Monday, May 26, 2008

Hops Rhizomes are in! (the ground that is...)

So finally, (way later than planned), all my hops rhizomes have been planted. After taking a long look at the space issues in my yard, I decided to split the rhizomes and have my father plant some in his garden.

The 4 Brewer's Gold rhizomes all went into my father's garden. He built 4 single post trellis with a "T" at the top of each. There are 2 lines going up in a "V" to the T's.

The Cascade rhizomes were planted in my yard. I planted them as planned, but did make one change...Since I had trees very close to where I wanted to put the posts, I decided to use the trees as posts. This decision was made for 2 reasons. 1. - to help the system "blend in" with my yard more and 2. - because there were too many roots and rocks to get a deep enough hole in the ground. I am happy with the outcome though...

As previously promised, and this time I mean it, pictures will be up shortly. I'm in my last couple of weeks of work (did I mention I love being a teacher?) so time is suddenly on my side!

No comments: