Friday, February 26, 2010

Time flies by...

The more I try to stay away, the more I am drawn back to this blog...Could this be the final attempt?  I guess I can't be sure.  Honestly, my intention was never to withdraw myself from the blog.  The difficult thing which seems to occur, a balance of:  family - career - and hobbies.  While I haven't stopped my efforts to grow my own hops...the communication of this hobby obviously ceased for some time.

I am happy to report that my year 2 yield was better than expected.  I lost a substantial amount of the Cascade plants when I moved, but the Brewer's Gold came in with force.  So much force that my trellises came down with them!  Looking towards year 3, I will be planting more varieties, reinforcing my trellises, and looking into a more effective drying method.

The updates will come weekly, with planning first, then documentation of growth, and hopefully another successful year!

No comments: